Saturday 9 June 2012

A Reason to Celebrate

My sister is getting married and tonight is her shower! I could not be happier for her.

My sister in law Lesley is hosting it and it will be great to see a lot of friends and family.

A few weeks ago, when we got the first chemo appointment, the first thing my sister did was look at a calendar. She was very excited and said, "My shower and wedding fall at the end of your chemo cycle". At the time, I didn't really care and couldn't see why that mattered. Now I get it. I feel great today and am certain I will have fun tonight.

Another happy point is that my hair is still here:) The nurse guessed about 2 weeks until I would start noticing it thinning. I'm sure it will happen any day, but I am pretty excited that I get to blow dry my hair tonight.

The last week I have been trying very hard to be grateful for feeling well. I was very excited when I made the kids lunch and cleaned up the dishes. It has been very nice to feel like "Mommy" again, not just the lady who sits on the couch and reads stories. I know I will get used to the cycle of feeling crummy and then feeling good again, but it is still all so new.

Thank you to everyone who made us muffins! Our freezer is now stocked:)

I hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing excellent Melissa! The Shower was fun! Good luck tomorrow and take care! Thoughts and prayers are always with you!

    Love Auntie Susie

    ReplyDelete