Friday 15 June 2012

Happy

Wow do I feel good! I can hardly believe it. I must have had the stomach flu the last chemo round, as this week I was hardly nauseous...well not entirely true, but the little anti-nausea pills worked and I felt fine the rest of the day.

For those not on my facebook, we chopped my hair off. Sophie and Will cut it short and then Will buzzed it. I will leave it like this until it needs to be completely shaven. I was really glad to get this part over with. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It probably helps, that I don't really care about my hair. 99% of the time it was in a pony tail anyways. The worst part was sitting still while Sophie took the sharp scissors to my head. It was terrifying. We wanted a photo, so that meant that Will was out of reach. Luckily there were no injuries.

I was a bit tired Tuesday and Wednesday and had a couple of extra naps. By yesterday, I was bored, so my mom and I took the kids grocery shopping just for something to do. It sounds dumb, but being in Safeway, doing something productive and normal felt sooo good. I even managed to help out with the dishes a little bit at home this week. Today I just feel like me. Liam has learned how to climb onto the table, so I spent most of the morning chasing him around the house. There was no sitting on the couch like a blob:)

We had friends over for breakfast. Will attempted to make me coconut flour pancakes. I think the recipe was faulty...in any case, they tasted good and we had a nice visit. We then went to the pool and I actually got to go into the water this week! I was so proud of Sophie. She is getting to be a such a good little swimmer.

I've been getting the daily injections for my blood clot. The plan was that Will would do it, but I was a little bit hesitant about his needle giving skills. Luckily, my mother in law, who is also a nurse, was able to give them to me the first few days to ease me into it. Today I felt brave and let Will do it. He did a great job. The fact that he's done it and I know it's not that bad has removed a lot of stress from me. I still hate needles, but I am telling myself that it is 1 minute of discomfort for 24 hours of a great life. I am very thankful that we live in a place where medication like this is available to me.

I think I've rambled long enough. Thanks again to everyone for the messages, thoughts and prayers. A huge thanks to our families for all the help they are giving us. I don't know how we would be doing this without them.

Hope you all have a great weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment