Monday 2 July 2012

Awake

I've been up since 5:30am. I didn't get up early because I have anywhere to go or because I wanted to enjoy the early hours of the day, but because our dear and darling children wake up at 5:30 (or 5:00) EVERYDAY. You are probably thinking what a nice wife I am, taking the morning shift so that Will can get extra sleep. He works hard during the day, he needs the extra rest. Or you might be thinking, seriously? That's not fair, Will should get up early, Melissa needs the rest. Well neither are true. Will has gotten up every morning with the kids for the past 2 months. At first, I was napping most days and really needed the extra hour or two of sleep to get through the day. Now, it has turned more into habit. Also, I read that sleep helps with healing and that to get better I need lots of rest. I am going with that reason, not because I like my sleep and am a little bit lazy.

Anyways, I keep saying that one day I will get up and let him have a "sleep in"...Sleep in, means 7am. But every morning when Liam starts crying or Sophie yells, I give him a nudge and go back to sleep. I decided that today was the day. Yesterday was my brother in law to be's stag party.

They left at noon and Will called me from outside at 1:30am because he was locked out. He went straight to sleep so I haven't heard any of the stories yet. I'm sure they had a great day though. I am so happy that Will was able to have a day with friends and no stress or responsibility. Also, I won't feel quite as guilty today leaving him with the kids while I go for a walk, out for lunch and maybe for a paddle board:)

Hopefully all of you had a great Canada Day yesterday. Ours was pretty low-key. We had pancakes and waffles for breakfast. In an attempt to make the whole family's diet healthier, Will switched the Aunt Jemima pancake mix for a healthy buckwheat mix (I had coconut flour waffles). As Sophie was eating them, she looked at us and said "These don't taste as good as last time. I like the other ones." It was pretty funny. After that we just played at home for the morning. We spent the afternoon with my mom and sister. I even made dinner for all of us. I honestly never thought I'd be cooking for them, it is usually the other way around.

I'm still feeling really well and am looking forward to this week. I'm going to try and eat lots and hopefully do a bit more exercise to get some muscles back.

Okay, I should probably go get some breakfast ready for these kids.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa. I'm so glad you are doing so well! Sherrie, Becky and Nicole have done a paddle board or two. You may wanna go out with them sometime. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like I am being surrounded by people who love it so it may come my way... You are inspiring as you go through this journey my dear. Thanks again for sharing with us. Take care :D

    ReplyDelete