Thursday 5 July 2012

Going Up

The numbers on the scale are rising. According to our home scale I've gained 3 pounds since last week! It's not surprising based on the amount of food I've been eating, but it's obviously been awhile since my weight has gone up. I'm trying to balance eating tons of fruits and veggies but also eating lots of fat.
We have added lots of nuts and seeds to my diet and are not shy with adding oil to things. I have two big food discoveries for the week. I made a "sour cream" out of pine nuts and sunflower seeds, it was a really really good dip after I added dill to it. It definitely made eating raw veggies more appealing. The second was ground pine nuts on my "pasta" (spaghetti squash with sauce). It looked and had the same texture as parmesan cheese and added some good flavour.
Food has become such a big part of my life. It's something positive I can do for myself and it seems to be working. It takes a lot more time and effort to make fresh and home made food, but I am starting to enjoy doing it. Today was our veggie delivery day from Covert Farms. There was cabbage in it so I googled a recipe and just made myself a really yummy cabbage salad. I never would have thought to use cabbage before, it just sounds yucky, but I really enjoyed it.
That's enough about food. The rest of my week has been good, nothing really exciting to tell. We are enjoying the nice weather and the kids were finally able to play in the kiddie pool without freezing. My energy is still really high and I feel really good. Looking forward to a great weekend before starting chemo again on Monday.
Sophie is doing a bike race on Saturday. Her cousins, Leah and Olivia, are also in the race. It should be a great time. I won't be surprised if they manage to ride their run bikes holding hands. Or they might ditch the bikes and dance all the way to the finish line:)

No comments:

Post a Comment