Friday 20 July 2012

Well That Was Easy

So I had my ct scan this morning. As the day got closer, my nerves got worse. I tried really hard not to be anxious about it, but I was. It was suggested that I imagine it as a photograph, just a picture of that time,  as part of a longer journey. Whether the results are excellent, okay or not so good, that is just what they are that day. It doesn't mean they will be the same in a month or a year from now. Putting it into this perspective, seemed to help a fair bit.

Anyways, this morning came and I wimped out and took an Ativan to help me get through. We got to the waiting room and were greeted by the receptionist and tech who did my ct scan the first time. It brought back lots of memories and feelings. They are very nice though and they made me comfortable. The great news came that I could get the injection through my portacath and not an iv! YAY portacath! I wasn't actually all that nervous about the iv, but I really didn't want a bruise on my arm for the wedding. The scan itself was fine and we won't hear results until next week.

I feel a huge sense of relief that this is over. I don't know why I was so worked up about it. I know I will be very nervous Monday waiting for my doctor's appointment, but I am going to try not to think about it over the weekend.

Now the fun starts. Kristie's wedding is tomorrow!! Rehearsal starts in a couple of hours. I am so so so excited. We started the festivities by going to the spa yesterday afternoon, which was amazing. I also bought a nice dress that actually fits me to wear tonight. I haven't bought any clothes in smaller sizes because I just don't want to. I don't want to be this thin for long. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy a dress or just borrow one from my sister. I am really glad I did though. I feel great about myself in it.

If I could just get started on the speech I would be all set....

No comments:

Post a Comment