Tuesday 24 July 2012

Wedding, Waterslides and Chemo

We have had a busy couple of days in the Pratt household. My sister's wedding was on Saturday. It was an absolutely amazing day! Our day started at 9am with all the women getting our hair and make up done. Sophie even had her hair curled. It was a really relaxed morning of getting ready. When the photographers arrived we got my sister dressed and then headed over to my parents' house for some pictures.

The ceremony was beautiful. A few little glitches, including the ring bearer dropping the ring into the grass, but those are the things that make it memorable. We had the pictures done at Painted Rock vineyard. It was a beautiful setting and I can't wait to see the photos!

The reception was at my parents and everyone had a blast. The kids had so much fun running and playing together. Sophie lasted until 9pm! There was a lots of dancing and catching up with family and friends. It was great.

Will and I were both pretty exhausted on Sunday, as was Sophie. We decided to go to the waterslides in Osoyoss so that Sophie would have a little nap. What a fun day! Liam and Sophie both had a great time. Sophie talked the entire time she was so excited. It's a small waterpark, but the slides were a good speed for the kids. That night Will and I went for dinner to the Wild Scallion to celebrate our anniversary.

Yesterday was chemo day. The events of the weekend kept us busy enough that I didn't really worry too much leading up to it. I was pretty nervous yesterday morning though. We got our c/t scan results. The doctor said they were overall good. Not really much change. There was no spread (YAY!) but still the same number of liver spots (BOO!). The two biggest ones had diminished in size though. We know the chemo is working and as there was a 3+ week span between my last scan and the start of chemo,we are assuming that more progress was made then what we can see. There is no change to the treatment and we will rescan again in about 2 months.

I gained another pound! Slow and steady. The doctor said that the chemo is all based on weight so the more I weigh the more drugs I get. Bring on the fat!

I'm feeling so-so today. I went for a walk and had a nice nap this morning and we had a pretty relaxed afternoon. My husband is making me my new favourite food as we speak. Zucchini fritattas.  I'd never had them before but found a recipe yesterday that we modified slightly and oh my goodness they were good. I ended up eating the whole batch.

Hoping that I am feeling better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date Mel. It's great to hear your CT results are showing an improvement and the chemo is going better than you expected. It sure sounds like everyone is keeping you busy and well fed. Thinking of you lots
    Nic & Shei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you & Will! Really happy that you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    Good news to hear the chemo is having a positive effect and that you had such a good weekend with your family. Thinking of you all lots! Have you watched the documentary "Forks Over Knives"? Very worthwhile to see, if you haven't and will make you feel very good about the way you're eating. Happy Anniversary!

    Kerry and Aart

    ReplyDelete