Monday 16 July 2012

Just Another Week

I have been wanting to write a post for a few days now, but I just didn't know what to write about. This has been another great week, but nothing really interesting has happened. I guess that is a good thing!

The chemo treatment seemed to go well again (so thankful for this). I felt well again by Thursday and my "sick" days weren't too bad. I was just tired and had less energy than usual. I had a pretty good appetite all last week, so hopefully I'm still gaining a bit of weight.

The hardest part by far was the mental battle. It's frustrating to not have energy and feel like yourself and it's hard to listen to your body and take a rest. It's also hard having the fear in the back of your mind. I try really hard to just be grateful that I feel good and be thankful for each day, but it's hard to not be scared. There is no point in worrying because it won't do any good. I just really wish that someone could tell me in one year (or 2 or 3) that I would be cancer free. I can get through the treatments and do it all physically I just really wish I could know the outcome. But, no one knows what lies ahead for them, so I just need to accept that I don't know my future and continue living each day to the fullest.

The last few days have been fun summer days. We've spent lots of time just playing in the backyard and trying to stay in the shade. Sophie took me kayaking. She explained to me how to paddle and even gave me a demonstration. It was pretty cute. She wanted her and Liam to go by themselves, but somehow I didn't think that'd be a good idea.

This should be a fun but busy week for us. My sister is getting married on Saturday, so there is lots to do to get ready for that. Well, actually, all I'm doing is going to the spa for the afternoon:) We're taking the kids to see Sesame Street Live on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to watching them dance and sing. Hopefully Liam does it butt shake/foot stomp dance. Also I have my ct on Friday. I'm sure I'll be a mess of nerves that day, even though I won't get my results until next week.

Anyways, I hope everyone reading this is doing well. I sure appreciate your continued prayers and well wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa. I am really looking forward to seeing you Tuesday evening at Nicoles!!!!

    ReplyDelete