Tuesday 15 May 2012

Upcoming Appointments

We have had a great few days. Sophie and Liam got a new sandbox, which they are absolutely loving. Sophie had a great time at her race. It was only 30 minutes, but my little girl gave it her all the whole time. Well, except when she saw Uncle Jonny and stopped for some water and a rest:)

We didn't celebrate Mother's Day this year. I figured I would bawl the whole time. Will is already doing everything for me and Sophie is constantly making me cards and giving me kisses, so I'm not sure what else we could have done.

We got an appointment today with an Oncologist in Kelowna. Will and I did a happy dance, which is really odd that we are excited to see an oncologist. Anyways, the appointment is for Thursday. I also have an appointment for a CT scan tomorrow. Hopefully after these appointments we will know a little bit more and have a plan of action.

I have completely changed my diet. I have cut out all processed foods, all sugars (except in fruits and veggies), and all carbs. I have added in a bazillion veggies, smoothies made with orgnaic whey powder and wheat grass, healthy oils and nuts and multivitamins. It's been much easier than I thought it would be to cut out sugar. I have to thank Will for having everything cut up and prepared for me so all I have to do is eat it. Also my amazing sister, who managed to make some decent tasting muffins, by using ground whole almonds and other foods off my list.

I guess that's all we know for now. I'll let you know what the Oncologist says.

Thanks again for the ongoing support, love and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, glad to hear that you have an appointment this week, do you know who you'll be seeing? Glad to hear that you're keeping yourself busy and enjoying the great weather we are having! Let me know if you need anything.

    Auntie Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa, Will, Sophie and Liam!
    Our hearts are so sad to hear of your news. We are thinking of you all and sending you our love and tons of positive energy. It is heart warming to hear that Will is home with you and that you have so much support close by from family and friends. Trina and I will be coming to Penticton on June 25th - if it works out, we would love to see you all, but understand if it doesn't either.
    Big Hugs to you all,
    Gerry, Trina & Easton xoxo

    ReplyDelete