Friday 18 May 2012

Let's get this fight started!!

I apologize for not updating this last night. I know a lot of you were thinking of me yesterday afternoon. The appointment took longer than expected (as appointments always do), and after we got home and got the kids to bed, Will and I, were just too exhausted.

We met with our Oncologist. He didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know. I have colon cancer that has spread to my liver. Although we knew this already, it was still hard to hear. He explained the course of chemo that I'm going to go through and all the possible side affects.

I am starting chemo on Monday, May 28. Due to the date of my port-a-cath surgery, it wasn't possible to start next week. So basically, I will go in, get a dose of chemo for a couple of hours, then I get to go home. I will need to wear a baby bottle type device that will slowly drip the rest of the chemo into me over 48 hours. I was advised to keep it in a fanny pack. I am going to be pretty styling this summer....I wonder if I still have a neon fanny pack? I will do this every 2 weeks for the next six months.

We are feeling really optimistic and happy that there is a plan in place. We are continuing 100% with my alkaline diet. We are also exploring some alternative medicines to compliment my chemo.

We have been overwhelmed with all of the offers of help. Right now all we need is your continued thoughts and prayers.

We have a busy weekend ahead. A couple out of town friends we haven't seen in ages will be coming by, and on Sunday we are having a family birthday party for Sophie. Sophie has requested that all the girls wear dresses, and that we have party hats. It is sure to be lots of fun!

Thanks again for all your support.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Sophie's birthday was full of dresses, hats and fun!
    A few more days 'til you start rocking the fanny pack ..... all I can think of is '80's themed parties and lots of neon clothes. :)
    Sending lots of love your way,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete