Thursday 24 May 2012

Post-Op

We've had a busy, but fun week. Our little princess turned three, so we had a great time celebrating with our family. We had some friends in from out of town and had a great time visiting with them.  Mr. Liam is constant trouble and entertainment for us. His dance moves are getting better by the day.

Yesterday was my portacath surgery day. We managed to get some VIP treatment. I made such a big deal when I checked in about being scared of needles that they gave me an ativan and a bed to lie in. So Will and I got to wait in a room, while I snoozed, instead of the busy waiting room. They also let Will come with me to the OR holding area, and were nice enough to get the iv going before he had to leave. Going into the OR is not something I will forget soon, it's quite intimidating in there, with all the people and lights. The Dr. was great and put some country music on for me and before I knew it I was in a recovery area talking to a nurse. We are able to go home shortly after. I feel pretty good today. Just stiff in the area where the device was implanted.  Will said he would refrain from any jokes about me getting an implant in my chest area.

I'm trying not to move my left arm in too big of motions for a few days.  I have a couple days to heal up and have some fun, and then chemo starts Monday morning. We're hoping to take the kids to the children's festival this weekend. We're also celebrating Sophie's birthday again with a bunch of kids from her baby group. So hopefully we have some good weather and everything goes smoothly.

Thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you got the VIP treatment, you deserve it! What a nice doc to put on Country Music for you, do you remember what he played? Enjoy this beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam sounds like he's taking after Will ;) Rest up and have a great weekend at Kid Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel you are truly an inspiration, you guys have a heck of a fight on your hands, we are always thinking of you and hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete