Friday 24 August 2012

Looking forward to fall

It's ironman week, which means that summer is almost over. I can't believe how quickly it went by. It always seems that come fall, no matter how much time we spent outdoors, it feels like we should have done more. Hopefully we will be able to get a couple more beach days in before the hot weather is gone.

We have a lot to look forward to come September. Sophie is starting preschool and ballet class. She is so excited for both of them. I can't believe my baby girl is big enough to do these things. I really think she will do great and have a blast. She is a bit nervous about going without me, but I'm pretty sure once she sees all her new friends she will be fine. She told me I could come visit, but I would need to wear indoor shoes and that I had to sit at the table when I was doing arts and crafts. At least she knows the rules:)

We are heading to the Shuswap for a weekend. I've driven through, but never stayed before. I am really looking forward to it. It will be nice to have a couple of family days with nothing to do. I'm hoping that we'll be able to spend some time at the beach and go for some nice walks.

Also, Will, my parents and I are going to Nova Scotia! It came up out of the blue, it wasn't even on the horizon. My mom and I have always wanted to go, so we are going!! Will's parents have agreed to take the kids for a week (thank you!). I am going to miss them like crazy, but it will be really great to spend some time with Will, my mom and dad.

Oh and I almost forgot, the mountain bike race/event that we are all doing. Hopefully I will get a chance to ride it again before the big day. Will, Sophie and I went to the bmx track the other day to "teach mommy how to ride a bike". After a little while, I was riding through the entire course, over all the bumps. I was pretty proud of myself, until I turned and saw Sophie riding everything too. How is my 3 year old better on a bike than I am?

This is completely unrelated, but I feel like I need to mention Liam. He figured out he could stick his finger into his nose today. He was so proud of himself and thought he was hilarious. How do you not laugh at the kid? As I was singing him his bedtime lullaby, he was laughing so hard with his finger in his nose. That boy is quite the character.

I'm still doing really well. I had chemo this week and everything went smoothly. I over did it a bit, which led to me feeling not so well on Wednesday, but I felt normal again yesterday. The scale keeps moving up and I don't feel ridiculously skinny anymore. I've done a few workouts and I don't feel as weak as I did a few months ago.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment