Monday 3 September 2012

Emotions

I can't believe it is the end of Labour Day weekend.  How did summer go by so quickly? We had a great weekend: beach, Will's bike race, picnic, friends, waterslides, mountain biking, going on the wave runner, paddle boarding. I don't think we could have fit in anything else. We are all exhausted!

This is a big week for us. Sophie is starting preschool! (Dance and swimming start next week. We are going to be busy!!). I'm pretty sure that the start of preschool would have been really emotional for me regardless, but add in all the extra feelings because of the cancer, and I think it is going to be really hard.

I get to go with her this week as part of a gradual entry. I will have to go with my chemo bottle in my fanny pack. I don't go out a lot while my chemo is hooked up, mainly because I don't have energy, but also because it looks odd. I really wish the days would have worked differently, as I don't want to stand out from all the other moms taking their kids to preschool. The day will be all about Sophie, I'm just not very pleased that I am going to have the tubes reminding me that my life is so very different right now than I ever imagined. Will has offered to go in my place, but there is no way I am going to miss this.

We took Sophie shopping today to get her a backpack and a first day of school outfit. Her criteria for her outfit was, "I don't want anything too ugly, or too small or too big. Okay?". We decided to let her pick out whatever she wanted. She had so much fun choosing her bag and looking through the clothing. It wasn't what I would have chosen, but I think it's pretty special that she picked it out. She is so excited!

I will miss Sophie while she's in school, but I am really looking forward to spending one on one time with Liam. My little dude is growing so quickly. He is learning new words every day and is getting really good at communicating. He is such a character. His favourite game right now is putting a shiny gold purse around his neck and then going "bye bye". It is so cute. He also loves putting on Sophie's bracelets and rings. I love that he doesn't know that boys aren't meant to do these things. I wonder if he'll try to steal Sophie's tutu?

I'm really grateful I had such a busy and fun weekend as tomorrow will be very long and boring. I love chemo because it's making me better, but I really don't enjoy getting it.

Happy end of summer holidays to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow our schedule is probably half what you guys do in a day, every time we read your blog it makes us want to do more. You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete