Wednesday 17 October 2012

Ups and Downs

Before I start, I just want to say that I'm not trying to complain. I know not every single day can be  fun and that there has to be some down days. Everyone has days when they're not 100%, I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself right now.

Let's start with the fun stuff though! On Sunday we went to Kelowna to watch Will do a cyclo cross race. For the non-cyclists, cyclo cross is really fun to watch. The races are less than an hour, and the riders have to ride through some pretty weird stuff and normally jump off their bikes and carry them through some barriers. Anyways, my dad came with us (thank you!) and the kids had their bikes so we pretty much chased them around. It was lots of fun. Afterwards, we drove to Wild Play, it's an outdoor adventure park with ziplines and other adrenaline type things. We had a pass to do the primal swing (Thanks Susie and Dean!). I was imagining a really high swing. I though we'd climb up a ladder or something. I didn't realize we would be 250 ft about ground!! It was sooo scary. I screamed the entire time. Once I was safely back on ground I was pretty happy and glad I did it. I'm not sure if Will had more fun swinging or watching me. It was a great day all around.

Now for the less fun stuff. Chemo was Monday. Bloodwork, doctor appointment went fine. We had a bit of time before heading back to the hospital so I stopped in to see my sister and got a fabulous pedicure. Definitely the highlight of my day. For whatever reason, the chemo made me a bit more nauseous than usual. Part way through they convinced me to get another shot of something. It did help. Later that night though I really didn't feel very well. Yesterday was another down day. I slept for a few hours in the morning and I went to bed at 7:30 last night. I was really hoping that I would feel better today. The kids really wanted to go for a bike ride so we got them ready and I was planning on going as well, but by the time everyone was dressed I was tuckered out. So I'm sitting on the couch, while my family is out having fun. I hate having to miss out on things like this:(

I know this was just a rough cycle. I have to keep in mind that this isn't as bad as I imagined chemo would be. I know I will feel better tomorrow and probably the next one won't be so bad. It just really really sucks sometimes. On the bright side, it's days like this that make me appreciate all my other great days that much more.

Well that feels a little better. Always nice to vent! Hope everyone is having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment