Friday 12 October 2012

It's been awhile

Hello again. I apologize for not updating this in so long. A few people got in touch asking if everything was okay, and yes, I am fine. We were away for a week and then I think I just got out of the habit. So anyways, here is a quick update...

We spent six days in Nova Scotia with my parents and no kids. We had a fantastic trip. The weather was gorgeous and we all had a really nice time away. We spent a day in Halifax, a few days in Lunenburg, and one day in the Annapolis Valley before heading back to Halifax. I thought I was going to miss the kids way more than I did. They had a great time with Nama and Pa and didn't seem to be too affected by us being home.

We came home on a Sunday afternoon and the next morning was a chemo day. It's always hard to come back to real life after vacation, but I must say that getting home and heading straight to oncology was really not a lot of fun. The treatment went well though. We didn't see a doctor so I don't have any new info, but I recovered really quickly from it. The Tuesday is normally my worst day, but I was able to spend the morning with Sophie's preschool and volunteer for her field trip...although the teachers were awesome and on the walk back one teacher piggy backed a whiny and tired Sophie so I didn't have to carry her.

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with our family. I'm only a little bit jealous that some of them are in Hawaii right now:) Liam got a bike which he is loving. It is so much fun to take both kids out for a bike ride. Sophie is being a great big sister and rides ahead for a bit and then loops back to find Liam.

I am still feeling really well and am continuing to put on weight. We went for a road ride this week. It was my first time out since getting diagnosed. The day before we found out, Will gave me some really pretty purple bike shoes, so I was really happy to be able to wear them before the season was over.

I really really really appreciate all of you that think of me and pray for me and send me positive thoughts. I will make sure to update this more often. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment