Monday 1 April 2013

Overdue Post

I apologize for not updating this blog in such a long time. I don't really have a reason why. I kept meaning to and just got lazy/ran out of time/forgot. I've been receiving quite a few messages lately asking if everything is okay, so I guess it is time for an update.

There have been a lot of ups and downs over the past 6 weeks. My pelvis has healed up nicely. I was able to walk without assistance fairly quickly. I still have problems carrying things or lifting things past my waist, but I am able to pick up Liam and put him onto the change table and crib. During the day I am able to do normal activities again and take care of the kids. This is something that I really do not take for granted as there was a chunk of time in there when this was not possible.

My liver pretty much started to fail on me. I was all yellow and my numbers were through the roof. I really did not realize how important liver function is, but I have never felt so sick in my life. I ended up having another ERCP  and this time they put 2 stents into my liver. They used bigger ones this time in hopes that they would work better.. They did...eventually. The next day I was really sick. By the evening I was having fever and chills so we went into the ER. I was put on antibiotics and they took some blood cultures. I turns out I did have an infection, but the antibiotics worked quickly and cleared it up. Since then I gradually felt better and better. My liver numbers have been going down drastically. My eyes and skin are back to a normal colour.

Now we are just waiting to start chemo. We have been waiting for my liver numbers to be low enough, so hopefully we will be able to do that tomorrow.

Other than that we have been enjoying this nice weather and being able to get outside more with the kids. We are so grateful for everyone that has helped us out over these past weeks. I really don't know how we could have done it alone.

Thanks for thinking about me!

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you lots lately! Will's post totally reminded me of when we talked about that first date while on a hike up Giant's Head I think! I'm glad to see your new post...my thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete