Thursday 11 April 2013

Beds

We have had a fairly low key and normal week, which was really nice for us! The highlights of it were switching beds.

We moved Liam out of his crib and into a "big boy bed". It has only been one night and nap time, but it has gone well so far. We were a little bit worried that he would be climbing in and out and leaving the room, but he seemed pretty excited to sleep in it. Hopefully this trend keeps up. We did it now because he had started climbing/falling out of the playpen downstairs and I really didn't want it to happen in his crib. Also, as I am feeling well right now I thought it was a good time. I really wanted to be part of the whole transition process and I feared that if we waited until we HAD to do it, that I wouldn't be feeling well and would have been left on the sidelines for that milestone. So, bed is in place, crib was given to a nice family and I am really happy with the way it all went.

The second bed transition was for me! We got rid of the hospital bed!! I probably could have taken it down a few weeks ago, but it was such a luxury. It really was comfortable, and so convenient to be able to raise the head or feet with the touch of a button. The downside was, it was a hospital bed, but it was only a few feet away from Will, so it didn't seem so bad. Last night went quite well back in our regular bed. My back was a little bit more sore than usual when I woke up, but I had a pretty decent sleep and I can only imagine that it will get better.

More good news...Will had his last appointment with the cast clinic and his last set of X-rays. He was given the thumbs up to go ahead with any regular activities, including bike riding. This was the news we were expecting, but it was still nice to hear from a doctor that he wouldn't hurt himself further by doing everyday things.

My dad also had a birthday a few days ago. Happy Birthday Dad!

All in all, life is moving along as smooth as it goes for us right now. We will hopefully have a nice weekend, and then back to chemo on Monday.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and well wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa!

    Fun to hear about your little man and glad that you and Will are on the mend! Thinking of you lots, and trying some of the recipes from Rebar! Yum.

    Love, Kerry

    ReplyDelete