Monday 14 January 2013

Home Sweet Home

I am so happy to be back home. We were warned that I may need to spend a few nights in the hospital, so I was so happy to be released after one night.
Saturday we checked into the ER at 5am and hung out there until after 1pm. We were very entertained by the variety of crazy stuff we saw. In the late morning I was given the okay to drink clear fluids. We were moved to a room once there was a free bed, and by some total fluke I got a private room!!
The day went by really fast. I took morphine about every two hours so I was pretty comfortable. We watched lots of shows from the laptop and read some trashy magazines to pass the time.
I didn't sleep very well and the pain kept returning so I wasn't very optimistic about getting out. They took my blood at around 8, and I had resigned myself to spending another day there. Luckily I started feeling better and when the doctor came around noon I was feeling pretty good. My blood work showed a big improvement, so I had to eat a bit of food to make sure it didn't cause pain and then I was allowed to leave!
I have been told it will still take a few days to feel normal. I am quite comfy on the couch, but every time I get up or move too much it hurts. It is really hard to stay on the couch when the kids want you. Will has taken them to gymnastics this morning so I can rest and they can have fun.
I am so grateful for all the help we have had the past few days. It was so nice to have Will with me and to know the kids were having a blast. My plan for the next couple days is to rest and listen to my body. We have a doctor's appt on Wednesday and will find out if I get to have chemo that day.
Hope everyone had a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Melissa! Thinking of you lots. If you need any good books to pass the time, let me know. Take care of yourself!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete